Worry lesson plan
- Begin by reading the What Does God Say About Worrying? devotional for children. Ask your kids if they have worries. If so, invite them to tell you what they are, no matter big or small. Acknowledge their fear and let them know these feelings are very natural. Take a moment to say the prayer at the end of the devotional.
- Read this story about Fatao, a boy in Burkina Faso, and his very big worry. Observe how God took care of Fatao through the people around him.
- Read the Quiet! Be Still! devotional about fear. Discuss how we can ask God to calm the storm around us, just like Jesus did in Mark 4:35-41.
- A great way to ease worry is to think about the things you’re thankful for. Print out and construct this gratitude journal. It’s like a kids craft and gratitude journal in one!
- Humor is important in times of worry! Have a laugh with this fun fill-in-the-blank fable, an activity the whole family can do together.