Make a Giant Paper Airplane
Here’s a fun idea for Father’s Day. Invite a dad in your life to help you make this GIANT paper airplane. Or make one secretly to surprise him with a gift!
All you need is a piece of poster board and some tape! To make it even cooler, you can download, print and color these flags from countries where sponsored children live. Then decorate the plane with the flags! Maybe you can even pretend you’re going to visit another country — what would you do and who would you want to see?
Note: You can make a smaller version if you’d like. The instructions are the same — just use a piece of 8 1/2 x 11-inch paper instead of poster board.
- 8 1/2 x 11-inch sheet of paper
- poster board
- shipping tape or stapler
- decorations like stickers, markers, flags, etc.
We suggest practicing these steps using a sheet of 8 1/2 x 11-inch paper first. Then switch to poster board when you feel good about your folding skills.
- Fold your poster board in half lengthwise. Unfold.
- Fold the top two corners to the center crease. Then fold them in again, meeting at the center crease.
- Fold the entire plane in half, with your folds facing inward.
- Fold the wings down to meet the bottom edge of the plane’s body.
- Tape or staple any places that aren’t staying together.
- Decorate and take it outside to fly!