You have special talents you can use to help people in need! The holiday season is the perfect time to find ways to help people around your house, around your community and even around the world. There are so many ways that you can make a difference. God wants you to use your hands to help other people and honor him. You can also use your hands to make cool crafts. So let’s make a festive wreath that shows all the ways you can be a helper this holiday season!
- Adult help needed. Place the large bowl on the cardboard. Use your pencil to draw a circle around the bowl.
- Carefully cut out the circle. Then, trace around the smaller bowl in the center of the big circle. Cut out the smaller circle you just drew to create the base of your wreath.
- Using your scissors, poke a small hole through the top of the cardboard ring.
- To make a hanger for your wreath, thread some string or yarn through the hole and tie the ends in a knot.
- Trace your hand on a sheet of colorful paper. Then carefully cut out the paper hand you drew. If you are reusing paper scraps, you can paint or color them to make them more decorative.
- Keep tracing and cutting out colorful paper hands until you have enough to cover your entire wreath.
- Now think about all the ways you can use your hands to help others and make a difference. For example: Can you help with chores around the house? Can you help your community by volunteering at a local food bank? Could you even get creative and think about ways to help kids around the world who are living in poverty?
- After you’ve thought about all the ways you can be a helper, write or draw pictures of an idea on each of your paper hands!
- Glue the hands on the cardboard wreath so they overlap a little but you can still see the writing and artwork on each one.
- Once the glue is dry, get creative and add some finishing touches like ribbons, glitter or stickers.
Hang your wreath as a reminder of how important it is to help others and show God’s love to everyone. Challenge yourself to see how many acts of kindness on your helping hands wreath you can accomplish this holiday season!