Lots of kids in Asia love comic books as much as you do! So children in Compassion’s program in the Philippines were very happy when some awesome grown-ups at their Compassion center started making a comic book just for them! (Read the full story!)
Now you can make your own comic book!
- Create your blank comic book by downloading this template.
- Fold it into a booklet, following the pictures below.
- Think of a title for your comic book and write it on the front cover.
- Now it’s time to follow the story prompts on the inside pages for ideas of what to draw and write.
Most comics include:
Story: What action will happen in your comic? Who are the people and animals who will make the action? What will they say? What is your setting — where your story happens?
Panels: These are the boxes you’ll draw and write in. Choose a little bit of your story to put in each panel to make a scene.
Characters: The people or animals your story is about. You’ll draw them in the panels.
Dialogue: Words your characters speak or think. You’ll write the dialogue in speech bubbles or thought bubbles in your panels.
Narration: If you want to describe what’s happening in a scene without having characters say it or think it, you can write your own words in the panel. Not every panel needs words, though. Some drawings speak for themselves!
Write and draw a comic about …
- The Parable of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:25-37)
- Showing kindness to someone
- A funny story you make up
- Jonah and the Big Fish (Jonah 1:1-2:10)
- Something fun your family did together
- A day in the life of a kid in Asia